- Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries is in early talks with ByteDance about an investment in TikTok’s India business, according to a TechCrunch report.
- TikTok was banned by the Indian government on June 29 but the move could potentially see it reinstated.
- India’s TikTok business is being valued at $3 billion, according to the report.
- And as we’ve heard, quite a few biggies are in conversation with ByteDance to acquire TikTok’s US arm; Microsoft and Twitter being a couple of them.
- It’s unclear if Reliance would like to acquire the whole of TikTok’s business in India or just part of it.